Forrester, White & Mathis was originally formed in 1924 by Mr. B.F. Hardison and Mr. L.H. Shaw as Hardison & Shaw Insurance in Ridgely, Tennessee. After Mr. Hardison’s death in 1932, Hardison & Shaw Insurance operated under the name Shaw Insurance with the motto, “We insure everything but the hereafter.” In 1936, Mr. Raymond White purchased Shaw Insurance and changed the name to White Insurance. The agency operated under this name until July 1, 1968, when a merger with Mr. Mack Forrester formed Forrester White Insurance. Growth continued in 1975 as Forrester White Insurance opened an additional office in Tiptonville and in 1976 when Reelfoot Insurance Agency was acquired from Mr. Roy Smith. Mr. Raymond White retired and sold his portion of the business to Mr. Forrester in 1984 while maintaining operations under the name Forrester White Insurance.
In 1985, Mr. Forrester also purchased the Lebo Insurance agency from Carole Lebo. Mr. Robert Mathis joined the agency in 1987 and became full partner in 1989; officially changing our name to what it is today, Forrester, White & Mathis. White & Associates Insurance of Dyersburg successfully merged with Forrester, White & Mathis in 1994. Forrester, White & Mathis operated offices in both Ridgely and Tiptonville until September 1996 when, after 72 years of service, we closed the Ridgely office. We are proud to be known as the oldest agency associated with White & Associates. Times have changed since the first day we opened our doors in 1924 and we have adapted to the changes that have resulted. Our motto has also changed over the years to “We insure everything but the hereafter with amazing service.”
Forrester, White & Mathis Staff
Customer Service Rep