Personal auto insurance companies in the US are reporting billions of dollars in insurance premium refunds to clients. Below is a list of our carriers that are currently offering refunds and what that will look like for our clients. This list is as of April 17th. We will update as we learn more.
- On average, personal auto insurance customers will receive 15 percent money back based on their monthly premium in April and May.
- Allstate will automatically deposit money back to the bank or credit card account used for a customer’s most recent payment, or apply credits to accounts. Please check your payment information to make sure it is up to date.
- Personal auto policies that are in effect as of April 30, 2020 will receive financial relief totaling 20% of their policy premium for the months of April and May 2020. Insurance customers do not need to take any action as their savings will be refunded in a one-time premium credit or check, depending on the policy administrative system. Customers can expect to receive their refund by May 31, 2020, pending regulatory approval.
- Returning 15% of April and May auto premiums to personal lines customers through The Hanover CARES Refund.
- Haulers Insurance will be refunding all personal auto policies deemed active on March 31 with a 10% policy term premium refund. Refund checks will be going out the week of 4/20/2020 and will be in the form of a mailed check.
- A one-time premium refund of $50 per policy for personal auto policies active as of March 31, 2020.
- The refund will arrive in the next 30 days.
- If you have an active personal auto policy at the end of April, you’ll receive a credit for 20% of your April premium. The same 20% credit to active personal auto customers at the end of May, and additional credits may be offered in the upcoming months.
- There’s nothing you need to do. Progressive will automatically calculate your credit at the end of each month, and then you’ll see it reflected in your account within a few weeks. If you have a balance on your policy, the credit will be applied directly to your remaining balance. And if you’re already paid in full, Progressive will return the money to the payment account on file—so please make sure your payment details are up to date.
Safeco / Liberty Mutual:
- Personal auto insurance customers will receive a 15% refund on two months of their auto premium, based on your premium amount as of April 7, 2020. The refund will happen automatically, and you do not need to call to get your refund.
- Safeco is planning to issue the refund in the manner you made your most recent payment or by check.
- We will begin issuing refunds in the coming weeks, after approval from state insurance regulators.
- The Hartford will be issuing a 15% refund on two months’ worth of premium for all customers with an in force personal auto policy as of April 1, 2020. They plan to issue payments to customers either by check or direct deposit into the billing account on record. Customers do not need to take any action to receive this credit.
- Personal auto insurance customers will receive a 15% credit on April and May auto premiums.
- Credit is automatically credited to your travelers account.